Editor’s note: TPG founder Brian Kelly is a Bilt adviser and investor. This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers.
Good news for Bilt Rewards members: another Bilt Rent Day is coming on Sept. 1. This Rent Day, you can play trivia to earn Bilt points, enjoy double points on non-rent purchases, snag a complimentary bike for a Rent Day SoulCycle ride and enter to win free rent by participating in a Rent Day SoulCycle ride or playing the Rent Free game show.
The Bilt Rewards program is free to join, and you don’t need to have the Bilt Mastercard® (see rates and fees) to participate in most Rent Day offers. Here’s what you need to know about the Sept. 1 Rent Day.
Expanded Rent Day SoulCycle rides
As it’s done in previous months, Bilt will offer its monthly Rent Day SoulCycle rides on Sept. 1. These rides are 45 minutes long and offer a full-body indoor cycling workout.
But there’s good news for Bilt members who enjoy SoulCycle: Bilt’s partnership with SoulCycle recently improved. Previously, Bilt members could only book Rent Day Rides at participating locations. But now members can enjoy themed Rent Day Ride classes at all SoulCycle studios across the U.S. each Rent Day.
In addition, Bilt members can now also enjoy complimentary bikes at every Rent Day Ride. There will only be 10 complimentary bikes per class, and these bikes will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis when you reserve your ride through the Bilt app. Bookings for the September Rent Day Rides opened at 7 a.m. on Aug. 29, so head over quickly for the best chances of getting a complimentary bike.
If you miss out on a complimentary bike, you can still book a bike on the fitness tab using points or regular payment.
Bilt is also offering more free rent to members participating in September Rent Day Ride classes. In particular, one rider in each September Rent Day Ride class will win up to $2,500 to cover their monthly rent.
Earn Bilt points through trivia
If you’re good at trivia, you can boost your Bilt Rewards balance for free on Rent Day.
Bilt gives its members five trivia questions through its app each Rent Day. The questions increase incrementally in difficulty and value. In particular, the first question is worth 10 points, the second question is worth 20 points, the third question is worth 30 points, the fourth question is worth 40 points and the fifth question is worth 50 points.
If you get all five questions correct, Bilt will unlock a sixth question worth an extra 100 points. You could earn 250 Bilt points through trivia each Rent Day if you correctly answer all six questions.
Double Bilt points on non-rent purchases
As on previous Bilt Rent Days, you’ll earn double points when you use your Bilt Mastercard to make non-rent purchases between midnight EST and 11:59 p.m. PT on Sept. 1. You’ll earn as follows for purchases each Rent Day:
- Dining: 6 points per dollar spent
- Travel: 4 points per dollar spent
- Other purchases (excluding rent): 2 points per dollar spent
- Rent: 1 point per dollar spent
You can earn up to 10,000 bonus points for purchases each Rent Day. However, you must use your Bilt Mastercard at least five times each statement period to earn points. Plus, if you dine at a Bilt Dining restaurant on Rent Day and use your Bilt Mastercard to pay, you can earn up to 11 points per dollar spent.
Rent Free game show
For the August 1 Rent Day, Bilt launched a new way to win free rent for a month (up to $2,500): the “Family Feud”-style Rent Free game show. Luckily, the new game show wasn’t a one-off promotion, and Bilt will continue to offer the Rent Free game show on the first day of each month.
Each Rent Day, a new creator or personality will play the Rent Free game show, and their success will determine how many Bilt members win free rent that month (up to 10 members per month). The celebrity guest for September Rent Day is real estate mogul, best-selling author and reality TV legend Ryan Serhant.
Bilt members can also play the Rent Free game each Rent Day. If you correctly guess three of the most popular answers, you’ll automatically be entered for the chance to get a month of rent paid by Bilt.
History of Rent Day promotions
Bilt offers at least one special promotion each Rent Day in addition to its standard Rent Day offerings. This Rent Day, Bilt is paying a month of rent (up to $2,500) for one rider in each September Rent Day Ride class. But here’s a summary of the promotions we’ve seen on previous Rent Days:
- August 2023: Enjoy a 75% to 150% transfer bonus to Virgin Red based on your Bilt status tier on August 1.
- July 2023: Activate a $10 Lyft ride credit if you are a Bilt member without a Bilt Mastercard or a $20 Lyft ride credit if you have a Bilt Mastercard by the end of July 1. Plus, get an additional $5 credit if you activate the offer, have Bilt set as your active Lyft loyalty partner and take a Lyft ride on July 1.
- June 2023: Everyone wins a gift of Bilt points, points to use toward the Bilt Collection, Lyft ride credit, free rent or round-trip award flights when they solve the June 1 Rent Day Challenge puzzle.
- May 2023: 100% transfer bonus to Air France-KLM Flying Blue on May 1.
- April 2023: Bilt members could enroll between March 28 and April 1 to obtain World of Hyatt Explorist status for 90 days and then keep Explorist status through Feb. 2025 by staying 10 qualifying nights between April 17 and July 16. Alternatively, members could unlock Globalist status through Feb. 2025 by staying 20 qualifying nights between April 17 and July 16. Bilt also hosted member-only social events at three Hyatt properties on April 1.
- March 2023: 50% bonus when you redeem points toward Amazon purchases on March 1; 50% off all items in the Bilt Collection on March 1.
- February 2023: 100% transfer bonus to HawaiianMiles on Feb. 1; launch of Bilt’s exclusive five-piece capsule collection with SoulCycle.
- January 2023: Bilt introduced trivia to Rent Day; Bilt offered its members 10 trivia questions worth 50 points each and an additional question worth 100 points if you got all 10 questions correct on Jan. 1.
- December 2022: 100% transfer bonus to IHG One Rewards on Dec. 1; double points on non-rent spending from 12:01 a.m. PT on Nov. 25 to 11:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 1.
- November 2022: Bilt members could enroll in a complimentary United Airlines Premier status challenge between Oct. 27 and Nov. 1. Bilt Blue tier members could get Premier Silver, while Bilt Silver, Gold and Platinum tier members could get Premier Gold. Premier status was valid for 120 days, but you could extend your status through Jan. 31, 2024, by getting 1,000 Premier qualifying points and 4 Premier qualifying flights for Premier Silver and 2,000 PQPs and 6 PQFs for Premier Gold.
- October 2022: Bilt launched Rent Day with double points on non-rent spending and themed SoulCycle Rent Day Rides on Oct. 1.
If you’re a Bilt Rewards member, head to the Bilt app on the first day of each month to benefit from new Rent Day promotions. Whether you earn extra rewards through trivia, spending or both, Bilt Rewards’ Rent Day allows you to boost your points balance. Plus, one Bilt member in each SoulCycle Rent Day ride during the Sept. 1 Rent Day will win a month of free rent (up to $2,500).