Editor’s note: This story has been updated
Since 2013, TSA PreCheck has allowed users to avoid the sometimes inevitable hassle of waiting in an airport security line, coupled with the annoying process of removing your shoes, laptop and other items from your carry-on bag.
Thanks to a TSA PreCheck-only line, you don’t have to worry about doing any of that, rather you simply load your luggage onto the carousel and pass through the old-style walk-through machines. For just a small fee of $85 for a five-year membership, TSA PreCheck allows preapproved, low-risk travelers to expedite their way through airport security at 200-plus U.S. airports.
Ninety-five percent of PreCheck users waited less than five minutes to get through airport security in August, per data from the Transportation and Security Administration. But whether you can experience PreCheck in all its glory depends on the airport you are departing from and the airline you are flying.
Before you book your next flight, consider enrolling in TSA PreCheck and remember that several credit cards cover the program application costs.
Also, double-check this guide to verify your airport and airline both participate, before entering your Known Traveler Number at the time of booking, to ensure the green precheck symbol appears on your boarding pass.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Which airports have TSA PreCheck?
As of September 2022, TSA PreCheck is available at more than 256 U.S. airports. Given its scope, it’s likely that TSA PreCheck will be available at the airport you are traveling from.
Below is a full list, outlined by region and state:
- Pennsylvania: Altoona-Blair County Airport (AOO), Arnold Palmer Regional Airport (LBE), Bradford Regional Airport (BFD), DuBois Regional Airport (DUJ), Erie International Airport (ERI), Harrisburg International Airport (MDT), Johnstown-Cambria County Airport (JST), Lancaster Airport (LNS), Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE), Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), University Park Airport (UNV), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (AVP), Williamsport Regional Airport (IPT).
- New Jersey: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
- Rhode Island: T. F. Green Airport (PVD).
- New York: Albany International Airport (ALB), Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF), Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC), John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP), Stewart International Airport (SWF), Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR), Westchester County Airport (HPN).
- Connecticut: Bradley International Airport (BDL), Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN).
- Massachusetts: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS).
- Vermont: Burlington International Airport (BTV).
- New Hampshire: Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT).
- Maine: Portland International Jetport (PWM).
- Oklahoma: Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport (LAW), Tulsa International Airport (TUL), Will Rogers World Airport (OKC).
- Texas: Abilene Regional Airport (ABI), Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS), Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport (BRO), Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP), Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL), Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), East Texas Regional Airport (GGG), Easterwood Airport (CLL), El Paso International Airport (ELP), George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Jack Brooks Regional Airport (BPT), Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK), Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport (LBB), McAllen Miller International Airport (MFE), Midland International Air and Space Port (MAF), Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport (AMA), San Angelo Regional Airport (SJT), San Antonio International Airport (SAT), Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (TYR), Valley International Airport (HRL), Waco Regional Airport (ACT), Wichita Fall Municipal Airport (SPS), William P. Hobby Airport (HOU).
- Arkansas: Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (LIT), Fort Smith Regional Airport (FSM), Jonesboro Municipal Airport (JBR), Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA), Texarkana Regional Airport (TXK).
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR), Lafayette Regional Airport (LFT), Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV).
- Mississippi: Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR), Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT), Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport (PIB), Jackson-Medgar Wiley, Evers International Airport (JAN), Meridian Regional Airport (MEI).
- Alabama: Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM), Huntsville International Airport (HSV), Mobile Regional Airport (MOB), Montgomery Regional Airport (MGM), Northwest Alabama Regional Airport (MSL).
- Georgia: Augusta Regional Airport (AGS), Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV).
- Tennessee: McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS), Mckellar-Sipes Regional Airport (MKL), Memphis International Airport (MEM), Nashville International Airport (BNA), Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI).
- Kentucky: Blue Grass Airport (LEX), Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG), Louisville International Airport (SDF).
- South Carolina: Charleston International Airport (CHS), Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE), Florence Regional Airport (FLO), Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP), Hilton Head Island Airport (HXD), Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR).
- Florida: Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB), Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV), Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), Key West International Airport (EYW), Miami International Airport (MIA), Miami Seaplane Base (MPB), Northeast Florida Regional Airport (SGJ), Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP), Orlando International Airport (MCO), Orlando Melbourne International Airport (MLB), Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB), Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), Pensacola International Airport (PNS), Punta Gorda Airport (PGD), Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ), Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE), Tallahassee International Airport (TLH), Tampa International Airport (TPA), Vero Beach Regional Airport (VRB).
- North Carolina: Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), Wilmington International Airport (ILM).
- Virginia: Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO), Lynchburg Regional Airport (LYH), Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), Norfolk International Airport (ORF), Richmond International Airport (RIC), Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA), Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
- West Virginia: Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport (PKB), Morgantown Municipal Airport (MGW), North Central West Virginia Airport (CKB), Raleigh County Memorial Airport (BKW), Yeager Airport (CRW).
- Maryland/Washington, D.C.:Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI).
- North Dakota: Bismarck Municipal Airport (BIS), Devils Lake Regional Airport (DVL), Dickinson Theodore Roosevelt Regional Airport (DIK), Grand Forks International Airport (GFK), Hector International Airport (FAR), Jamestown Regional Airport (JMS), Minot International Airport (MOT), Sloulin Field International Airport (ISN), Williston Basin International Airport (XWA).
- South Dakota: Aberdeen Regional Airport (ABR), Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP), Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD).
- Nebraska: Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA).
- Kansas: Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport (ICT).
- Minnesota: Bemidji Regional Airport (BJI), Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport (BRD), Duluth International Airport (DLH), Falls International Airport (INL), Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), Rochester International Airport (RST), Thief River Falls Regional Airport (TVF).
- Iowa: Des Moines International Airport (DSM), Southeast Iowa Regional Airport (BRL), The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID).
- Missouri: Kansas City International Airport (MCI), Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF), St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL).
- Wisconsin: Appleton International Airport (ATW), Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA), Chippewa Valley Regional Airport (EAU), Dane County Regional Airport (MSN), General Mitchell International Airport (MKE), Green Bay Austin Straubel International Airport (GRB), La Crosse Regional Airport (LSE), Rhinelander-Oneida County Airport (RHI).
- Illinois: Central Illinois Regional Airport (BMI), Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW), Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD), General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport (PIA), MidAmerica St. Louis Airport (BLV), Quad City International Airport (MLI), University of Illinois Willard Airport (CMI).
- Indiana: Evansville Regional Airport (EVV), Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA), Indianapolis International Airport (IND), South Bend International Airport (SBN).
- Michigan: Bishop International Airport (FNT), Capital Region International Airport (LAN), Cherry Capital Airport (TVC), Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR), Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport (AZO), MBS International Airport (MBS).
- Ohio: Akron-Canton Airport (CAK), Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), Dayton International Airport (DAY), John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH), Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK).
Western United States
- Washington: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Spokane International Airport (GEG), Tri-Cities Airport (PSC).
- Oregon: Portland International Airport (PDX), Eugene Airport (EUG), Redmond Municipal Airport-Roberts Field (RDM), Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (MFR).
- California: Arcata-Eureka Airport (ACV), Charles M. Schulz-Sonoma County Airport (STS), Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR), John Wayne Airport (SNA), Long Beach Airport (LGB), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), Oakland International Airport (OAK), Ontario International Airport (ONT), Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), Redding Municipal Airport (RDD), Sacramento International Airport (SMF), San Diego International Airport (SAN), San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA).
- Arizona: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA), Tucson International Airport (TUS).
- Idaho: Boise Airport (BOI).
- Nevada: Harry Reid International Airport (LAS), Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO).
- Utah: Ogden-Hinckley Airport (OGD), Saint George Regional Airport (SGU), Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC).
- Montana: Billings Logan International Airport (BIL), Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN), Glacier Park International Airport (GPI), Missoula International Airport (MSO).
- Wyoming: Jackson Hole Airport (JAC).
- Colorado: Aspen Pitkin County Airport (ASE), Colorado Springs Airport (COS), Cortez Municipal Airport (CEZ), Denver International Airport (DEN), Durango-La Plata, County Airport (DRO), Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT), Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC), Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ), Northern Colorado Regional Airport (FNL), Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB), San Luis Valley Regional Airport (ALS), Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN).
- New Mexico: Albuquerque International Sunport Airport (ABQ), Santa Fe Regional Airport (SAF).
- Alaska: Fairbanks International Airport (FAI), Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC).
- Hawaii: Hilo International Airport (ITO), Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Kahului Airport (OGG), Kona International Airport (KOA), Lihue Airport (LIH).
Which airlines have TSA PreCheck?
Although the airport you are traveling through may offer a TSA PreCheck line, you must also ensure that the airline you are traveling on participates in the program.
For example, I could not use TSA PreCheck when flying from LAX to Paris’s Orly Airport (ORY) in the spring because the airline I flew, French Bee, is not one of the 83 airlines offering TSA PreCheck for its passengers.
If you are flying from the below list of domestic and international carriers, don’t forget to enter your Known Traveler Number when booking your reservation to ensure the green TSA Pre Check checkmark shows up on your boarding pass.
Most major carriers, domestic and foreign, participate and some smaller airlines you may have never heard of. Although some low-cost airlines, such as Breeze and Spirit offer TSA PreCheck, others, like French Bee and Play do not.
Here are the 81 airlines currently offering TSA PreCheck:
- Advanced Air.
- Aerolane Lineas Aereas Nacionales del Ecuador.
- Air Canada.
- Air Choice One.
- Air France.
- Air India.
- Air Europa
- Air Serbia.
- Alaska Airlines.
- All Nippon Airways.
- Allegiant Air.
- American Airlines.
- Aruba Airlines.
- Asiana Airlines.
- Austrian Airlines.
- Avelo Airlines.
- Boutique Airlines.
- Breeze Airways.
- British Airways.
- Brussels Airlines.
- Cape Air.
- Cathay Pacific.
- Cayman Airways.
- China Airlines.
- Contour Aviation.
- Copa Airlines.
- Delta Air Lines.
- Eastern Airlines.
- Edelweiss Air.
- El Al.
- Elite Airways.
- Etihad Airways.
- Eurowings Discover.
- EVA Air.
- Flair Airlines.
- French bee.
- Frontier Airlines.
- Global Crossing Airlines.
- Hawaiian Airlines.
- InterCaribbean Airways.
- ITA Airways.
- Japan Airlines.
- JetBlue Airways.
- Key Lime Air.
- Korean Air.
- Norwegian Air.
- Omni Air International.
- PAL Express.
- Philippine Airlines.
- Porter Airlines.
- Qatar Airways.
- Scandinavian Airlines.
- Seaborne Airlines.
- Silver Airways.
- Singapore Airlines.
- Southern Airways Express.
- Southwest Airlines.
- Spirit Airlines.
- Sun Country Airlines.
- Sunwing Airlines.
- Swift Air.
- Swiss International Air Lines.
- TAP Air Portugal.
- Titan Airways.
- Turkish Airlines.
- Ultimate Jet Charters.
- United Airlines.
- Virgin Atlantic.
- Viva Air Colombia.
- Volaris El Salvador.
- World Atlantic.
Remember, TSA PreCheck is only helpful at domestic airports throughout the U.S. since it allows members expedited entry through TSA Security.
Even so, the $85 investment for new members every five years, and $70 for renewals thereafter, is well worth it, given that you can use TSA PreCheck at more than 250 airports when flying with any of more than 80 airlines.
Be sure to reference this guide for any updates on where you can use TSA PreCheck.
To read more about TSA PreCheck, see:
- Why you should get TSA PreCheck and Clear — and how you can save on both
- 12 key things to know about TSA PreCheck
- What to do if a boarding pass isn’t marked TSA PreCheck
- 7 ways to get free or discounted TSA PreCheck, Global Entry and Clear
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which is better?
Featured photo of a TSA PreCheck checkpoint entry sign at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport by Elijah Nouvelage/Bloomberg/Getty Images.