Philadelphia-based travelers can jet off to Europe in comfort next year thanks to business-class award availability from Aer Lingus. The carrier’s routes are from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to Dublin Airport (DUB), and there are plenty of seats open in March, April, May and June.
Airline: Aer Lingus
Routes: From Philadelphia to Dublin
How to book: Through Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Aer Lingus or United Airlines
Travel dates: Almost any day in March, April or June 2024, as well as some days in May
Book by: As soon as possible
Special thanks to Frequent Miler for finding these great award deals.
Although Aer Lingus uses Avios as its points currency (as does British Airways and many other airlines), you can also book Aer Lingus flights through airline partners such as Alaska Airlines and United Airlines.
There is plenty of award availability when you book an Aer Lingus flight through Alaska using Mileage Plan miles. Also, the airline doesn’t impose the high fees that British Airways and others do. Head to Alaska’s website, enter your desired travel dates and select the “Use miles” option.
Below are the business-class prices for all of April.
The fees for the departing flights are, for the most part, very low, starting at just $19. For the returning flights, however, the lowest fees are $54.
I selected business-class seats for a 10-day trip to Dublin in April. The total came to 120,000 miles plus $71.95 in taxes and fees.
Maximize your purchase
Use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases. If you have the Alaska Airlines Visa® credit card, you’ll earn 3 Mileage Plan miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. Other travel cards include:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare
Use Mileage Plan miles to book an Aer Lingus award flight through Alaska Airlines. There is plenty of award availability all spring from Philadelphia to Dublin. If you’re from the Philly area but want to travel elsewhere in Europe, you can also use Dublin as your jumping-off point.